The University of Georgia (UG), Tbilisi is the biggest private university in Georgia (the republic), with about 6,000 students, including over 1,000 international students.
Currently UG is on a mission of transforming into a leading research university in the Caucasus region. Integrating into the global scientific process, incorporating cutting-edge methods and fields into the university’s teaching and research activities is a priority.
We offer exceptional flexibility:
The University of Georgia announces the open competition for the academic positions in the School of Social Science:
1.1. The academic position of an Asistant Professor in Psychology (1 position); Additional requirements: doctorate degree in gender sphere. Knowledge of English and German languages; Practical work experience.
1.2. The academic position of an Assistant in Psychology (1 position). Additional requirement: Experience working with children, families and forensic psychology;
2. The documents to be submitted:
2.1. Application addressed to the Competition Committee – indicating the vacancy for which the applicant is applying (see the appendix);
2.2. Application form of the University of Georgia filled in the Georgian and English languages (see the appendix);’;
2.3. Short Professional Bio of no more than 80 words, (see the enclosed sample);
2.5. Copy of the ID card or passport;
2.6. Notarized copies of documents confirming the academic degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD or equivalent). A diploma issued abroad, or a non-Georgian diploma must be translated into the Georgian language. Qualification received abroad has to be recognized by the National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement and its translation has to be notarially certified;
2.7. Motivation letter;
2.8. Two recommendation letters;
2.9. Syllabus (syllabi) of the course;
2.10. List of published works and their copies (a complete list of published works has to be presented; originals or copies of books, text-books and monographs and copies of articles published only over the past five years);
3. Documents have to be submitted as hard copy as well as in electronic form;
4. A successful candidate will be revealed according to the following rule:
3.1. Main criteria:
a) Academic degree. A candidate applying for the academic positions of Associated Professor and Assistant Professor should necessarily hold doctoral academic degree or equivalent;
b) Scientific-pedagogical activities. For the position of Associate Professor, a candidate must have at least 3-year experience in scientific and pedagogical activities;
c) Scientific works. a candidate with publications published in the journals preserved in Scopus database is preferable;
3.2. Additional criteria:
a) Syllabus / syllabi which are evaluated in terms of adequacy of the content, learning outcomes and the methods for their achievement;
b) Participation in scientific conferences / seminars for the last 5 years;
c) Participation in professional development activities;
d) Skills of using Office Technologies;
** At request of the Competition Committee, a candidate may be asked to conduct a demo lecture on one of the issues given in the syllabus presented by him/her.
5. The individuals selected in the contest must be affiliated with the University of Georgia;
6. Documents have to be submitted from May 9, 2019 including May 10, 2019, from 12:00 to 18:00 on the following address: Kostava Street 77, IV building, room 514, Tbilisi;
7. The contest will be held on May 13, 2019;
8. Candidates will be immediately informed about the results of the competition by e-mail;
9. The decision of the Competition Committee can be appealed at the Appeal Commission. The date of receiving complaints and claims is May 15, 2019;
10. The results of the contest will be published on May 17, 2019 on the website of the University of Georgia www.ug.edu.ge.