Civil Engineering Vacancy at the University of Georgia, Tbilisi
The University of Georgia (UG), Tbilisi is the biggest private university in Georgia (the republic), with about 6,000 students, including over 1,000 international students.
Currently UG is on a mission of transforming into a leading research university in the Caucasus region. Integrating into the global scientific process, incorporating cutting-edge methods and fields into the university’s teaching and research activities is a priority.
As a part of this transformation, we are looking for a Civil Engineering specialist with substantial research expertise.
We offer exceptional flexibility:
- A flexible schedule, including a possibility to travel abroad up to several months a year, while working in Tbilisi;
- A flexible balance of research and teaching activities, according to individual preferences of the candidate;
- Additional, merit-based rewards for scientific publications;
- An opportunity to acquire professorship, for young professionals, based on their merit rather than years of movement through the institutional hierarchy (although we are open to candidates of any age);
- As much freedom from bureaucratic constraints, as possible;
- The salary - highly competitive by the Eastern European standards - will be agreed upon individually.
- Contribute to the university's programs in Civil Engineering and related fields;
- Contribute to the university’s research and development strategy;
- Produce publications in high impact, Scopus / Web of Science-indexed journals;
- Supervise students in relevant fields.
- A track record of research in civil engineering. Proven ability to independently publish papers in high-impact, Scopus / Web of Science-indexed journals;
- Willingness to involve and motivate colleagues and students in academic activities;
- Good command of English;
- Broad/multidisciplinary research interests are an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2019 with “Civil Engineering Vacancy” in the subject field