MA students and graduates of the University of Georgia have an opportunity to apply for a data engineer position at one of the microfinance organization.
The company is looking for an experienced data engineer/ETL developer with a doer attitude to join Business Intelligence team. Your role will be to maintain, optimize, and develop an existing integrated data storage for Business Intelligence (BI) to serve the enterprise-wide data analytics needs delivered via Power BI. To shine at your role, you need to have an extensive knowledge and working experience in designing, implementing, automating, and maintaining ETL/ELT processes to deliver data from various data sources into the integrated data storage.
· Design, implement and maintain optimal ETL/ELT processes to enrich the integrated data storage for BI from various data sources based on the organization-wide data needs;
· Develop and deploy SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages;
· Automate data delivery into the integrated data storage by executing SSIS packages and other ETL/ELT processes with SQL Server Agent;
· Automate SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) tabular data model processing with SQL Server Agent;
· Setup of SQL Server alerts to get e-mail notifications in case SQL Server Agent jobs run into problems;
· Resolve any issues regarding continuous and quality data delivery into the integrated data storage;
· Optimize existing ETL/ELT processes to improve data delivery and scalability;
· Perform integrated data storage backups;
· Provide advises about optimal ETL/ELT process and data storage needs based on international best-practices;
· Document the integrated data storage and ETL/ELT processes.
· Education in computer science, information systems, information technology or related field;
· Advanced SQL knowledge and extensive working experience with querying relational databases;
· Advanced knowledge and extensive working experience in dimensional modeling, relational database design, implementation, and maintenance;
· Proven work experience with querying remote data sources in SQL Server;
· Proven work experience in designing, implementing, automating, and maintaining ETL/ELT processes to deliver data from various data sources into the integrated data storage;
· Proven work experience with SSIS package development and scheduling;
· Proven work experience with automation of SSAS tabular data cube processing;
· Proven work experience with database backup;
· Strong time and task management skills;
· Good written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability and willingness for continuous learning of new data integration and data storage tools and techniques;
· Good knowledge of business processes in the banking institution is an advantage;
· Proficiency in data modeling techniques for BI is an advantage;
· Working experience with SSAS tabular data model development is an advantage.
· Information about the employer company see here.
Please, send your CV via email to email@example.com till April 30, 2021. In the Subject line please indicate – Data Engineer.
For additional information please contact the Office of Student Employment Support (address: UG 4th Building, Office #111 (first floor) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 255 22 22, where you will be able to obtain assistance in improving your resume, preparing for an interview and obtaining skills necessary to better present yourself to a potential employer.